Sunday 22 February 2009

MY OSCAR TIPS

Tonight the winners will be announced and the Oscars handed out. I've spent the last two weeks or so watching all the nominations in the top six categories, determined to view the entire field in order to make an informed decision as to what and who I believe should win. Barring one movie, Frozen River, I have managed to cover all nominations.

The reasons for my nominations are evident in my blog posts, in the movie reviews, so I will not repeat them here, unless I have something more to say.

So without further preamble, here are my Oscar tips:

Performance by an actor in a leading role

Performance by an actor in a supporting role

Performance by an actress in a leading role
(This was by far the toughest choice - honorable mention to Angelina Jolie)

Performance by an actress in a supporting role

Achievement in directing

Best motion picture of the year

So there they are and I will know by the morning how close I got. Of course, conflicting with the Academy's ultimate choices is not such a bad thing, but I know that these were the performances that impressed me the most over the past month and I wish them good luck. Good luck also to Wall E, which deserves every award it is nominated for.

Originally, I was going to "watch" the Oscars on the web, however, it starts at 1 a.m. and finishes at 5 a.m.; I'm not that dedicated.

Look out for a recap of the winners first thing tomorrow morning and keep voting on the right hand side.

I'd like to thank so many people . . .

No comments: