Monday 12 May 2008

3 : IRON MAN

Why I chose it?

Robert Downey Jnr really. Yes, I was pretty keen to see a good superhero movie and the trailer looked exciting, but it was Mr Downey Jnr's turn as Tony Stark which drew me in - it was supposed to be quite a unique character as superhero's ulter egos go.

Where?

Cinema 4, Hammersmith, 5.30pm (had to run to make it!)



Comments?

The effects were very good and the build up to how Stark becomes Iron Man was interesting, but it was Robert Downey Jnr who made this movie watchable - very entertaining. As for the plot, the backstory dominated the movie leaving little room for any big time battles except for the finale, which was okay at today's superhero movie standards. Jeff Bridges was excellent as Obadiah Stane - a far cry from The Dude but entertaining nonetheless.

Would I pay to see it?

I think I would: it was enjoyable and Downey Jnr was quite funny.

Rating?

6.5 out of 10

Post Movie Quote:

"Very entertaining, but what's next? Ah, yes - Speed Racer!" Daryl Nilbett.

No comments: