Monday 12 May 2008

4 : SPEED RACER

Why I chose it?

The Wachowski brothers - those dudes who came up with The Matrix Trilogy - said to have pushed the boundaries on visual effects once again!

Where?

Cinema 2, Hammersmith, 8.20pm (right after Iron Man with only enough time for a 6" Sub)

Comments?

All I can say is WOW. Yeah, it's pretty much a kid's flick, a little cheesy and some of the race scenes are confusing, but with the AMAZING CGI effects and a great cast, this is definitely a must see. It's bold in its visuals, writing and direction and its nothing like anything you've ever seen before.

You'll either hate it or love it but you will definitely be impressed by it! Take the kids if you've got 'em!

Would I pay to see it?

My word yes, this movie stayed with me a long time afterwards (and not just because of the catchy theme song). If I get a chance, I'll be doing a repeat viewing. Might even go and see it at IMAX in 3D.

Rating?

8 out of 10

Post Movie Quote:

"Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, Go Speed Racer, GO!!" Repeating over and over in Daryl Nilbett's head.

No comments: