Wednesday 28 May 2008

Paying For It - Number 1

Sometimes, you just have to pay for it.

Although I have an unlimited Cineworld card that allows me free movies for a year, there are moments, sometimes within in my control, sometimes out of my control, where I will have to fork over the £10 plus to catch the latest flick.

As I have a target of reaching 100 free movies in one year (and because I love getting things for free), I won't be handing over my hard earned cash that often. But sometimes a movie warrants a big event type screening at an eff off sized theatre complex with 1/2 mile screens and a defeaning sound system - i.e. IMAX cinemas - or it justifies paying a little over the odds to enjoy a comfortable screening in a cinema where hardly any punter turns up - i.e. Apollo cinema.

And of course, sometimes, I just can't get to a Cineworld cinema. But that is rare, as they are all over the place.

Last weekend, Kathy and I were in Edinburgh for the marathon (well done, Kath on the PB!). Post marathon relaxation (yes, I was exhausted from all the supporting and cheering) included a flick at the local Vue cinema. There is a Cineworld in Edinburgh but it is in Haymarket and is a little out of the way if you are staying in Leith - so, I pulled out the wallet and paid over the cash.

But, I didn't mind - because I went to see (with big booming voice):

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL

Let's just say it was money well spent. I will save my review for when I watch it again (for free) but I can safely say that it was a very entertaining movie with Indy back and at his best, despite the ludicrous ending.

I'm giving it a few weeks before watching it again, but watch out for it in the 100 sooner rather than later.

No comments: