Thursday 31 July 2008

Best Free Movie Of The Year - Nomination - Month #3

Oh dear.

Month 3 (June 21 - July 20) was a light one, wasn't it? During the 30 odd days since Gone Baby Gone was announced as Best Free Movie Of The Year - Nomination #2, I managed to see, wait for it, wait for it - one movie.

One. One solitary movie in a month. What in god's name was I doing that whole month? Getting a life, some might say - but in terms of reaching the goal quite clearly displayed at the top of the page, it was a pitiful display. I need to pull my finger out.

But I bet the guys at Cipher Films and Limelight would be pointing out the silver lining. Their independent film based in London and starring relative unknowns has made the BFMOTY nominations, by default. As Homer Simpson would say: "Default! The two sweetest words in the English language."

That's a bit harsh though - there is a reasonable chance that I would've picked this movie anyway, especially if I had been subjected to too many mediocre blockbusters in a row during the month. One or two mediocre blockbusters is okay, but a whole string of them leaves you feeling a little dead inside.

So without further ado and dropping the need for a build up of tension, the third nomination for Best Free Movie Of The Year is:


Well done guys.

So the average amount of movies per month for me to see in order to reach the big 100has jumped to 10! I really do need to pull my finger out, even more so given that as I post this entry, I am already 11 days into Month 4 and haven't been to the flicks yet!

Dang this hot, summery weather!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

100 movies in a year? Erm, better get yourself down the flicks D!

Daryl said...

Tell me about it Jo! Although I do have those long, cold, dark, depressing winter months ahead of me!