Thursday 26 June 2008

Best Free Movie Of The Year - Nomination - Month #2

Month two (May 21 - June 20) delivered a round of big blockbusters including the long awaited Indiana Jones movie, destined to be in the running for the Best Free Movie Of The Year.

I increased the monthly average of movies watched in May/June but not by much, and I am still languishing behind the 8-9 movies per month I need to see to hit the big 100. Two movies a week is much harder than it sounds, especially given the great sunny weather that London has been having lately. I've even had a few guilt trips while sitting in the cinema with the sun shining outside - guilt trips, but no regrets (how about The Happening, I hear you ask? Sure, I regretted seeing that movie, but luckily, it was miserable outside that day, so no double whammy).

So, what movie knocked my socks off this month? Was there a better movie than what Indy had to offer? Or was there a sleeper hit ready to knock the fedora wearing archaeologist off his perch?

Before I announce the nomination this month, I must clarify that The Incredible Hulk falls into this month's considerations. Although the post was made after the 20th of June, I did see it before that date. I was just being slack.

Anyway, without further ado, the second nomination for The Best Free Movie Of The Year is:



I still think about this movie almost a month after seeing it and I will be taking Kathy to see it on Monday. An outstanding directorial debut by Ben Affleck, brilliant acting by his brother Casey and the rest of the cast, and a powerful movie full of suspense and emotion. The front runner (after two months) for the big award.


No comments: